Saturday, April 08, 2006

Regaining control


It has been a time of immense vacillation, in oh so many ways.

In terms of my mental health, since increasing my dose of depakote my moods swings have been more noticeable. Great when I'm having a hyperactive phase but not so fabulous when the motivation lapse hits. My psych and I have therefore decided to try a different approach. I'm sure that depakote has been responsible for my putting on weight too, so we are going to try Lamotrigine instead. We'll have to see if it makes a difference.

School has been the most awkward factor in my life of late. The head has resigned after only eight months owing to general incompetence, governorial issues and at least having the realisation that the school could run better without him. I have had quite a few chats with him and feel I know rather alot about the situation which other people don't. I did contemplate applying for the Headship myself but I'm not sure I'm yet ready to divulge my mental health issues to anyone else. I'm frightened that the stigma would affect other people more than it affects me. I don't wan t to give the governors cause to call my eaching into question.

I am however starting to question the rest of my life but more of that when my computer is not about to run out of juice!!!

No comments: